Friday, February 24, 2012

This is an experiment...

This is an experiment, but then I am an experimental scientist. I approach many things in my life as a scientist, which means I analyze, formulate and then try different variations of things until I achieve the results I want. I am disciplined in my work research, I am a bit less disciplined in my cooking experiments. In the same breath I am an artist. While I may be a chemist now, I am also a dancer. I grew up dancing and at time I find that art is the only way to express the stream of emotions and thoughts that swirl and circle in my head. So while I might approach cooking as an experiment I approach baking like an art.

So with that this blog is an experiment. I must warn you I am not super re-fined and I balk at trying to come up with the craziest fusions of foods. I like simple foods where the flavors of the ingredients are the star. No over seasoning will be found here (although there may be a theme of spicy foods from time to time since both myself and my bf with a decent amount of heat). There will be recipes often modified from those that I found. Love love love Nigella Lawson because she talks about food that encompasses all of the senses. I love Julia Child because the frontiers she forged. As I discover others I fall in love with I will share them, but now I will leave the list short.

I will also warn you that this blog will not always be of food and recipes. I may not photo document. I may be reckless with my measurements and I may travel down tangents and tangents of those tangents, but the journey is what is fun not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment