Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Craft and Commerce Take 2

Photo 

Recently ESFSW and I decided to get San Diego Zoo passes. If you live near by or even within the Greater Southern California area Zoo passes are a great value. The San Diego Zoo is quite spectacular and is a great place to spend a couple hours wandering around. The benefit of zoo passes is that you get in to the San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park in Escondido for a year plus free rides on the Sky way in the Zoo and the Safari Bus Tour in the Safari Park. We spend the afternoon wandering around a rather crowded Zoo (it was Memorial Day Weekend) after we ate a picnic lunch outside the Zoo. It was fun even though there were a lot of people wandering. ESFSW had his new fancy camera and the animals were pretty active.




Lions and TIGERS and bears, OH MY!

My favorite animal in the world! Otter! (This is an African Spotted River Otter, with a salt lick )

Polar Bear trying to get some food - forget that carrot right next to him, he wants the good stuff!

The other polar bear testing the water for a swim

Elephant!

A local rattle snake (ESFSW forgive me I forget which kind!)

"Whatcha looking at?"

A lot of the animals were out...

...but some where just sacked out...

...and others were stalking small children in their enclosures.

We had to visit the reptile house and take pictures of all the snakes for ESFSW

Hakuna and Matata with one of the handlers

Another Otter! (we spent an equally long time here for me since we spent quite a bit of time at the reptile house)

Drying off after a swim

Making sure his bed was clear

and off to more mischief!




Now on to Craft and Commerce!

Panorama


So from the Zoo we decided to head over to Craft and Commerce so that I could share the experience with my love. I was expecting a wait - although it was fairly early on a Saturday for the dinner crowd, so we were  sat immediately. In some ways it would have waited to be seated because we were seated by two women finishing up their dinner and they were loud...well one of them was loud. After they finally left ESFSW leaned over and stated that he would have shot himself if he was her boyfriend. I don't think he would have ever asked her out to begin, :p. On the other side of us was another odd


I think we had the same waitress from when I had been here with friends for my birthday. The beer selection was pretty good and they even had one of the Stone Imperial Stouts that ESFSW and I enjoy. I decided I was going to splurge and get a cocktail since they have such interesting ones at C & C. After perusing the menu for a while I decided to go back to one of the ones I had had the first time I was here, the Milano Swizzle! It didn't come with salt on the rim like the last one but it was as good as I remembered. ESFSW agreed it was pretty good!

Scrapbook photo 5
Where we sat
We got an order of fried pickles started right away. They were as delicious as before however they had garlic adorning them instead of blue cheese like before. They were still good. Although there seemed to be a lot more of them when split between two people instead of four!

For dinner we decided to split the citrus avocado salad and the ribs. The salad was amazing with a lot of avocado and citrus and jicama and flavored almonds. The ribs were a dry bbq with a peach glaze which was not to sweet. The ribs were served with the wonderful tangy coleslaw and a jalapeno cheddar biscuit. We will have to come back so ESFSW can try the chicken and then possibly again for the Mac n Cheese!

Happy Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment