Sunday, April 29, 2012

Strawberries and Cardamom Whipped Cream

Strawberries and whipped cream is one of the delicious simple pleasures in life. Now add cardamom and it becomes heavenly! It is best to make your own whipped cream which is a lot easier than you would think and yields great results and is all natural.

Here's what I used:

Whipping Cream (1 to 2 cups)
pinch of salt
pinch of cream of tarter
1/4 to 2/3 cup powdered sugar (add based on taste)
1 to 2 tsp cardamom

Whipping Cream and Powered Sugar!

Here is what you do:

Put a metal or glass bowl in the freezer for a couple hours (add the beaters as well if you think of it). Take bowl out of the freezer, add whipping cream, salt and cream of tarter. Using a stand or hand mixer whip cream until it starts to form peaks. Add powered sugar. Continue to whip until the cream forms peaks that stand.

Unwhipped - whipping cream in cold mixing bowl

Cream is thickening add powdered sugar

Dollop generous amounts of whip cream over sliced strawberries!

Doesn't that look delicious!
If you are like me and like cardamom you can sprinkle a little on the strawberries before you top with the whipped cream.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. guess what I'm bringing to my book club brunch today!!! I'll let you know how people like them! oh, and guess what else! I knew I'd heard cardamom whipped cream and strawberries somewhere, googled it, and up popped cookingbakingdancingchemist page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops... too big a pinch of salt... ah well, next time! plain strawberries for us! and i also made bacon cheddar jalepeno scones so it will all be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I said pinch I really do mean a pinch - is it almost a minuscule amount. In baking terms a pinch is actually about 1/16th of a tsp. You definitely don't want to add to much or else you cream is going to take on a salty or soapy (cream of tartar) taste!

      Dash - 1/8
      pinch - 1/16
      smidgen - 1/32

      Have I ever mentioned that I love that American cooking still uses fractions! Yay for not being on the metric system!

      Delete